The future is bright

Posted on 10:24 by Flyku


This is my first blog post for some time. That is because my arduino robot project as it stands is over, I've taken myself out of the loop over summer to recuperate, regenerate and chill out. after working on the robot and other A level work solidly for the last year i am now, after an extended break ready to dive back in to the world of opensource technology head first.
I have just started my new Uni course, I'm reading electrical & electronic engineering in Sheffield, and i cant wait to get properly stuck in. I read recently that computing power is predicted to increase a thousand-fold in the next 10 years, i cant wait to see what kind of gadgets we'll be playing with in the years to come and its a pleasure to be studying a subject that never stands still. that is not to say that i find current technology underwhelming, but the fact that such a dramatic change can occur in such a small amount of time boggles my mind
On the flip side i have just finished building my first custom PC (something I'll talk about in future posts), the fact it could become almost obsolete is such a short period of time is quite scary, both for my wallet and also in terms of disposal. with tech advancing so quickly means must be found to recycle outdated gadgets efficiently if were not to find ourselves drowning in a sea of old games consoles and TVs.
This post was somewhat of a re ignition of this blog, more to come :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment